What you need to know about the RetraxPro
The patented RetraxPRO truck bed cover is constructed of heavy duty aluminum slats, which are connected by durable, yet flexible hinges. The low-profile design incorporates a front cover that is flush with the rolling cover which streamlines the overall appearance and provides a firm, dependable seal to help keep the bed dry. Simply press the button latch to open the RetraxPRO and you will immediately be impressed at the way it smoothly glides back and forth with just one hand. Sealed ball-bearing rollers mounted onto the ends of the aluminum slats allow the cover to retract or close effortlessly without the use of springs or any kind of mechanism; no moving parts to jam, freeze or fail. The compact storage canister contains a unique spiral track system that prevents the cover from rubbing on itself as it retracts and closes, eliminating wear and tear on the cover.
The hinges that connect the RetraxPRO aluminum slats are custom extruded thermoplastic elastomer. This material is designed to last the life of the cover, ensure smooth operation and provide a dependable seal.
The RetraxPRO can be latched or key-locked in any position along the bed rail. The secure Dual Latch Locking System latches to both RetraxPRO rails for added security, offering protection that no soft cover can. When you need access to your pickup bed simply release the flush-mounted latch with the touch of a button no key required and the cover glides out of your way with the just one hand. The cover can be locked open in any position along the rail to allow unlimited hauling flexibility and convenient use with a fifth-wheel trailer.
Installation of the RetraxPRO is simple. The cover utilizes a clamp-on design that can be installed by anyone with basic hand tools. Installation requires a 9/16 wrench and a Phillips screwdriver. All parts are rubber mounted to prevent paint damage and each part is an exact match to your pickup. Installation time is about 1 hour and the cover can be easily removed if needed. No two trucks are exactly alike; our mounting system is adjustable for a perfect, no hassle fit every time.
Automotive grade weather-stripping, designed for harsh outdoor use, seals the RetraxPRO on all sides to help keep water, snow, ice and dust out of your pickup bed. The cover also seals nicely over the top of the tailgate. The automotive grade weather-strip incorporates a soft felt lining that allows for smooth sliding operation, even in the most extreme weather conditions.
The RetraxPRO is compatible with most accessories such as bed liners and bed rails. Some may require minor modification to the RetraxPRO or the accessory.
RetraxPRO Warranty Statement Applied Products, Inc. (referred to as manufacturer) warrants each new RetraxPRO retractable pickup bed cover to the original owner as follows:
- The RetraxPRO has a limited lifetime warranty for the failure of materials and workmanship. Warranty replacement costs will be prorated after three (3) years. Items not covered under the warranty:
- Normal wear over the life of the RetraxPRO
- Water intrusion at any location or any damage caused as a result
- Other dealer and/or purchaser installed parts & accessories
Conditions which will void all warranty:
- Lubrication of the rails or sealed ball bearings
- Altering the RetraxPRO in any manner without written approval from the manufacturer
- Use for any purpose other than the normal intended use
- Misuse, negligence or accident
- Installation of any other part or accessory which comes in contact with or may interfere with the RetraxPRO without written approval of the manufacturer
- Failure to register this warranty with the manufacturer within thirty (30) days from the date of delivery
- Failure to adequately secure cargo to prevent damage to the RetraxPRO
- Acts of God or other external causes
- Conditions and Limitations - This warranty is subject to certain conditions and limitations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Any part of a RetraxPRO retractable pickup bed cover that is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty will be repaired or replaced using either new or reconditioned parts at the discretion of the manufacturer.
- In determining what constitutes a failure under the terms of this warranty the decision of the manufacturer will be final.
- This warranty is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable to subsequent purchasers.
- The manufacturer does not accept any responsibility in connection with the installation of any of its products by its dealers or agents.
- The manufacturer does not undertake responsibility to any purchaser for warranty express or implied by any of its dealers, distributors or agents beyond which is contained herein.
- Without regard to an alleged defect of its products the manufacturer under any circumstances does not assume responsibility for loss of time, inconvenience, revenue, or other consequential damage including, but not limited to, expenses for telephone, food, lodging, travel, loss or damage to the vehicle the products are installed on or loss or damage to personal property of the purchaser or user of the products.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to make changes in the design of, improvements to, or warranty of its products without imposing any obligation upon itself to provide the same for any products theretofore manufactured.
- Under no circumstances shall Applied Products, Inc. be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained in connection with the RetraxPRO cover
- Some states do not allow limitations on how long the implied warranty lasts, so the aforementioned limitations may not apply to you.
- Claim Procedure
If a part fails, the purchaser should return to the selling dealer to determine if the failed part is covered under the terms of this warranty. If a warranty claim is necessary, the dealer will contact Applied Products, Inc. If it is impractical for the purchaser to return to the selling dealer, then the purchaser may contact Applied Products, Inc. directly at 1-800-206-4070. The defective part, along with a copy of the original bill of sale, must be returned prepaid to Applied Products, Inc. at 917 S. 46th St. Grand Forks, ND 58201. At the manufacturers discretion, photos, a copy of the original bill of sale and the serial number may be submitted in lieu of the returned damaged product to Applied Products, Inc. After determining the validity of the warranty claim, Applied Products, Inc. will ship a replacement part prepaid to the customer. Labor costs to replace defective parts are the responsibility of the purchaser.
- If at any time you need warranty assistance, please call 1-800-206-4070 or email us at email@example.com and one of our technical reps will be happy to help you. When calling or emailing, please be prepared to reference your part number and serial number.?
- Claim Procedure