Best Price Guarantee
We promise you will get the best price
We know our products
Store Locations in NC, SC, TN, VA, and WV
Always the correct part
PowerStep Plug-N-Play Retractable Running Boards - Plugs Into OBDII Port
Sold In Pairs
- Plugs Into OBDII Port To Eliminate Hard Wiring In Doors
- Automatic, electric-powered running board
- Instantly extends when you open your door
- Hides itself safely out of sight when the doors close
Your Amp Research Plug-N-Play Powerstep Will Ship Free To You With These Features:
- Automatic power-deploying running boards with a low-profile integrated led light system, standard.
- Made from high-strength, die-cast aluminum-alloy components with an anodized and PTFE coated, military-spec finish to resist corrosion.
- With precision stainless-steel pivot pins for rock-solid stability and maintenance-free, self lubricating bushings for all-weather performance.
- Extruded aluminum steps with full-length internal ribs for rock-solid stiffness, rigidity and support with a high-texture powder-coat finish for maximum grip and durability.
- 600 lb load capacity (each side).
- Automatic lowering with weatherproof, oem-quality electric motors, drive system and wiring harness.
- Wiring Harness That Eliminates Hard Wiring Into The Doors
- Worry free pressure-sensitive, pinch-proof safety technology.
- Covered by a 5-year/60,000 mile warranty proudly designed and built in America.
AMP Research has taken the Powerstep automated running boards to the next level of innovative refinement, simplifying the electrical installation to a mere "Plug-and-Play". The revolutionary Plug-and-Play wiring system eliminates the need for accessing behind door panels as part of the normal installation process.
The Powerstep with Plug-and-Play uses the On Board Diagnostic (OBDII) port to connect the controls of the Powerstep to the computer system of the vehicle. Estimated installation time reduction of a minimum of 90 minutes. Lastly, if the OBDII port is already in use, the Pass-Through Harness allows for an additional port at the connection point.
OBDII became standard on vehicles 1996 and newer. Vehicles produced before 1996 need to be hard wired and use the Powerstep Listed Here. Not every vehicle with an OBDII system is compatible if you're not sure about fitment please Contact Us.
In less than 1.3 seconds after opening any door, Powerstep automatically extends down providing a natural 10-12 inch step height. The step itself is wide and flat allowing for good foot placement, and in the lowered position, it extends outward 10-12" allowing occupants to take more of a natural step in or out of the vehicle. A non-slip textured surface allows for usage in all weather conditions.
The AMP Research Power Step has been tested in a variety of environments and temperatures from -40F to +200F. Powerstep automatically presents a step assist low enough for children to easily climb in and out of the tallest trucks. When all doors are closed, Powerstep retracts up and under the truck, flush with the rocker panel, keeping step surfaces free of mud, snow and road grime.
The lightweight, yet rock-solid running board and rugged die-cast linkage components are crafted in the USA of aircraft-quality aluminum, black-anodized and PTFE coated for maximum corrosion protection. Precision, stainless-steel hinge points and bearings ensure trouble-free action. And the heavy-duty electric motor is designed and tested to provide reliable, maintenance-free operation for decades.
To meet the quality standards of GM, Ford, Chrysler, Mopar, Toyota and Nissan, AMP Research is ISO 9001:2008 with Design certified. Covered by 16 patents, the AMP Research PowerStep features weatherproof OEM-quality motors, wiring harness and sealed connectors. The AMP-designed electronic controller employs pressure-sensitive, pinch-proof safety technology.
While AMP Plug-N-Play Powersteps can be installed by an experienced DIY owner, they do require drilling holes and some adjustments after installation. A typical instruction Guide is available on this page by clicking on the "Product Related Documents" tab above. Vehicle specific intructions will be included with your purchase.
Real truck lovers, commercial cargo van users, off-roaders or fans of anything auto, be a truck hero and buy the best quality, best reviewed, best priced AMP Research Products through Leonard Truck Accessories or visit any one of our stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia. Leonard Store Locator .
Since opening in 1963 Leonard Buildings and Truck Accessories' goal has always been to provide quality truck accessories at the lowest prices. Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Ram, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes, and Nissan Truck and Van owners may disagree on which vehicle brand is better, but they can all agree that Leonard Truck Accessories is the perfect place to buy your PowerStep Plug-N-Play Retractable Running Boards By AMP Research.
- 0.00 LBS
- Country of Origin:
- Cab Length