Aluminum Tank Industries
Best Price Guarantee
We promise you will get the best price
We know our products
Store Locations in NC, SC, TN, VA, and WV
Always the correct part
ATI Split 50/50 Transfer Refueling Tank -Dual Fuel Capable
DOT Approved - 50/50 Split Black or Silver
- Fully Welded Baffles to reduce movement of contents
- Legal for Gasoline, Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation Fuel, and other liquids
- Commercial Grade Lockable Vent/Prevent Filler Cap
- Two-2" NPT Reinforced Bungs for superior strength
Similar Capacity Tanks Have Different Shapes. Review Each Before You Decide.
We're sorry we don't have pictures of the black tanks.
"Custom Colors, Sizes, and Configurations Possible Call For Quote"
Measure Your Bed: MEASURING FOR A BED MOUNTED TRANSFER OR AUXILIARY TANK
Tank Measurements in Inches
Split Dual Fuel Transfer Tanks By Aluminum Tank Industries Feature:
- Construction that is legal for Gas, Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation fuel and other liquids.
- ATI has A Special Permit issued by the US Department of Transportation
- Two commercial grade lockable vent/prevent filler caps.
- Fully baffled internally to reduce movement of contents and weight shifting.
- Transfer tanks include four-2" npt reinforced bungs for cap and pump mounting and two 3/8" npt drains.
- Hold down brackets welded to the base for secure mounting.
- Pressure and leak detection tested including a video inspection internally for weld penetration.
- Ready to fill with clean, debris free internals.
- 1 year limited warranty
Just To Be Clear - The tanks listed here are considered transfer tanks. Since the name is a little ambiguous, in the fuel tank world, a "Transfer Tank" is one that's used with a pump attached to fuel equipment or vehicles other than the vehicle carrying the tank. However, there's no rule against refueling the truck carrying the tank. The main thing is that the tank is not part of the truck's own fuel system. Tanks that are integrated into the truck's factory fuel system are called generally referred to as "Auxiliary Tanks". ATI does make Auxiliary Tanks and are listed that way here.
Twice The Capability - ATI "Split Transfer Tanks" are just that - two tanks in one package. Carry diesel on one side and gasoline on the other! With an ATI split tank you can fuel equipment out in the field and refuel your gas truck so you can get home. Truly two tanks in one, DOT certified, and baffled on each side with separate fills and pump mounting bungs.
DOT-DOT-DOT - Not all tanks are designed for flammable liquids such as gasoline; many that are "so-called" transfer tanks are only good for non-flammable liquids. ATI refueling transfer tanks are designed and constructed to comply with DOT specifications. ATI explains the advantage clearly here:
The Department of Transportation allows companies to build "transfer tanks" to transport diesel and other non flammable liquids. There are design specs they must follow in order to be compliant. The DOT wrote the specifications that need to be followed, but it is up to the manufacturer to be compliant. In other words, the DOT does not usually check their design or type unless there is an accident. So it is legal to fill and transport non flammable liquids using a "transfer tank" but only privately, they're not for use in many circumstances. Now if there is an accident, the end user and the manufacturer can be investigated for compliance. Refueling tanks under this special permit are different and here's how. First, the design, construction, materials, justification, among other things are reviewed by the DOT and approved if they so determine. The manufacturer is required to demonstrate that the special permit achieves the level of safety required. Second, it's designed for use with flammables such as gasoline. Third, you can pump from it, legally, whether it'Âs private, commercial, state or otherwise without removing the tank from your vehicle.
Bottom Line - DOT certification protects you in the event of an accident. Whether you are a farmer, contractor, municipality, or simply a private citizen, you can trust that your ATI tank will hold up. All of ATI's tanks are manufactured in the USA, nothing is outsourced. ATI refueling tanks are legal in all 50 states for gasoline, kerosene, methanol, diesel, and aviation fuel.*
*Local ordinances may apply, so protect yourself and check with your state, county or minicipality for specific guidelines.
Ready To Work - All ATI split fuel refueling tanks come standard with two 3/8"npt drain plugs, four 2" npt bungs, locking caps, and fully welded baffles to reduce slosh and add strength. These tanks are constructed from rugged diamond plate aluminum and are all available with an extra cost powder coated finish. Standard tanks can handle a pump assembly up to 30 lbs on each side.
You Have a Little Work To Do - ATI offers many different configurations, capacities, and shapes but measuring the area you intend to mount your tank is the only way to correctly choose the right tank for your truck. Use our guide "How to Measure Your Truck Bed for a Transfer or Auxiliary Tank"
What You Need To Know:
- Add approximately 2.5" to the height dimensions for cap and filler neck
- Shop For Hand Pumps, Meters and Filters Here.
- Mounting tabs extend approximately 1.5" from the base
- Pumps add 8-10" to height dimension
- Leonard Truck Accessories is a Direct Distributor For ATI Products
Check for a Leonard Truck Accessories Retail Store Near Me in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- 0.00 LBS
- Tank Type: