Aluminum Tank Industries
Best Price Guarantee
We promise you will get the best price
We know our products
Store Locations in NC, SC, TN, VA, and WV
Always the correct part
ATI 60 Gallon Wedge Tansfer Tank
Choose 60 Gallons Black or Silver
- 60 Gallon Wedge Works With %th Wheel or Gooseneck Hitch
- Special Permit issued by the US Department of Transportation
- Legal for Gas , Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation fuel and other liquids
- Commercial grade lockable vent/prevent filler capCommercial Grade Lockable Fill Cap
Wedge Shaped Transfer Tanks By Aluminum Tank Industries Feature
- A 60 Gallon Capacity
- Wedge shape design perfect for use with 5th wheel or Gosseneck Hitch applications
- Construction that is legal for Gas, Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation fuel and other liquids.
- ATI has A Special Permit issued by the US Department of Transportation
- A commercial grade lockable vent/prevent filler cap.
- Fully baffled internally to reduce movement of contents and weight shifting.
- Transfer tanks include two-2" npt reinforced bungs for cap and pump mounting and a 3/8" npt drain.
- Hold down brackets welded to the base for secure mounting.
- Pressure and leak detection tested including a video inspection internally for weld penetration.
- Ready to fill with clean, debris free internals.
- 1 year limited warranty
Ready To Work - All ATI refueling tanks come standard with a 3/8"npt drain plug, two 2" npt bungs (so you can mount your pump on either side), a locking cap, and fully welded baffles to reduce slosh and add strength. These tanks are constructed from rugged .125" thick, diamond plate aluminum and are all available with an extra cost powder coated finish. Standard tanks can handle a pump assembly up to 30 lbs. These Wedge style aluminum Refueling Transfer Tanks are an ideal choice for flat beds and pickups with a 5 th wheel. The tank slopes at a 45 degree angle on the tailgate side of the fuel tank for easy viewing and 5 th wheel clearance. The Two- 2" bungs allow for reversing the fuel fill cap and fuel transfer pump to the side you prefer best.
DOT-DOT-DOT - Not all tanks are designed for flammable liquids such as gasoline; many that are "so-called" transfer tanks are only good for non-flammable liquids. ATI refueling transfer tanks are designed and constructed to comply with DOT specifications. ATI tanks can be used for diesel or gasoline. ATI has been granted a special permit #SP14227 that allows for refueling without removal of the transfer tank from your truck. 99% of all other transfer tanks cannot be pumped from, legally, while it is in the bed of your truck and other tanks cannot be used for gasoline. These tanks can be used for commercial and state applications. ATI explains the advantage clearly here:
The Department of Transportation allows companies to build "transfer tanks" to transport diesel and other non flammable liquids. There are design specs they must follow in order to be compliant. The DOT wrote the specifications that need to be followed, but it is up to the manufacturer to be compliant. In other words, the DOT does not usually check their design or type unless there is an accident. So it is legal to fill and transport non flammable liquids using a "transfer tank" but only privately, they're not for use in many circumstances. Now if there is an accident, the end user and the manufacturer can be investigated for compliance. Refueling tanks under this special permit are different and here's how. First, the design, construction, materials, justification, among other things are reviewed by the DOT and approved if they so determine. The manufacturer is required to demonstrate that the special permit achieves the level of safety required. Second, it's designed for use with flammables such as gasoline. Third, you can pump from it, legally, whether it's private, commercial, state or otherwise without removing the tank from your vehicle.
Bottom Line - DOT certification protects you in the event of an accident. Whether you are a farmer, contractor, municipality, or simply a private citizen, you can trust that your ATI tank will hold up. All of ATI's tanks are manufactured in the USA, nothing is outsourced. ATI refueling tanks are legal in all 50 states for gasoline, kerosene, methanol, diesel, and aviation fuel.*
*Local ordinances may apply, so protect yourself and check with your state, county or minicipality for specific guidelines.
Just To Be Clear - The tanks listed here are considered transfer tanks. Since the name is a little ambiguous, in the fuel tank world, a "Transfer Tank" is one that's used with a pump attached to fuel equipment or vehicles other than the vehicle carrying the tank. However, there's no rule against refueling the truck carrying the tank. The main thing is that the tank is not part of the truck's own fuel system. Tanks that are integrated into the truck's factory fuel system are called generally referred to as "Auxiliary Tanks". ATI does make Auxiliary Tanks and are listed that way here .
You Have a Little Work To Do - ATI offers many different configurations, capacities, and shapes but measuring the area you intend to mount your tank is the only way to correctly choose the right tank for your truck. Use our guide "How to Measure Your Truck Bed for a Transfer or Auxiliary Tank"
If you cannot find a fit for your truck or have any other questions please contact us for help.
What You Need To Know:
- Add approximately 2.5" to the height dimensions for cap and filler neck
- Shop For Hand Pumps, Meters and Filters Here.
- Mounting tabs extend approximately 1.5" from the base
- Pumps add 8-10" to height dimension
- Leonard Truck Accessories is a Direct Distributor For ATI Products
Check for a Leonard Truck Accessories Retail Store Near Me in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- 0.00 LBS