This 4A Intelligent Battery Charger is perfect for maintaining and restoring your battery especially when it will not be used for an extended time. Such applications include: ATVs, Snowmobiles, Motorcycles, Watercraft (boats, jetski, etc.), Trailers, RVs, Ride-on Lawnmowers, Tractors, Classic Cars, Auxiliary Batteries, Back-up power supply, Solar Battery, and more!
Winter Mode helps to maintain the battery when the temperature drops below 41°F (5°C).
Fully-Automatic Charging 9-Stage Charger
- Primary Evaluation is the first stage in which the charger runs a diagnostic test on the battery's condition, charge, and overall health.
- Recovery charge is the second stage where the charger will begin to restore a deeply discharged battery. This step is skipped if the battery does not require it.
- Soft Start action is applied to protect the battery and optimize charging, a slow charge current is applied to the battery then ramps up.
- Pulse Cycle is initiated to help "knock off" sulfation build-up on the plates that may be inhibiting the battery's ability to reach full capacity.
- Reconditioning Cycle helps to prepare the battery for bulk charging and finalizes the recovery charge.
- Bulk Charging is the first stage in which the charger identifies the battery and its needs, then applies a high voltage/amperage charge to do the bulk of the charging.
- Absorption Charging is when the battery has reached ~80% of its capacity and begins to lower the input current to the battery. This is sometimes known as the "cool-down" cycle.
- Evaluation Diagnostic is the last diagnostic mode to ensure the battery is at its optimal health.
- Maintenance Charge, also known as "trickle" or "Float" charge. The battery has already reached 95% so the charger will continue to apply a steady current until the battery reaches 100% capacity. Then the charger will continue to monitor the battery and apply a charge if it detects any loss.
Specifications: Owner's Manual
- For Battery Types: Lithium iron-phosphate (LiFePo4), LPF, SLA, AGM, Maintenance Free, Flooded, Wet Cell, VRLA, Gel, Lead-Acid, Vented, Deep Cycle
- Microprocessor Controlled
- Input Voltage: 100-140V AC
- Input Current: 0.9A
- Output Voltage: 6V or 12V (nominal)
- Output Current: 4A (High), 1A (Low)
- AC Cord Length: 6ft.
- DC Cord Length: 6ft.
- Protections: Short Circuit, Reverse Polarity
- 9-Stage Charger: Primary Evaluation (Diagnostic), Recovery, Soft Start, Pulse, Reconditioning, Bulk Charge, Absorption Charge, Evaluation (Diagnostic), Maintenance Charge
- Winter Charging Mode
- Certifications: CE, BC
- Operating Temperature: 34°F - 140°F (1°C - 60°C)
- Storage Temperature: 34°F - 140°F (1°C - 60°C)
- Unit Size: 7.3 x 3.3 x 1.7 (inches)
- Package Size: 9.8 x 5.5 x 2.1 (inches)
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.